Monday, January 10, 2011

Godly people who JUDGE

Night and day I am surrounded by people who are pious, and take religion very seriously.Yet, as I continue to mix and mingle with them, I find that they constantly judge and stamp labels on every one's forehead. I asked a girl, aged fourteen, why she attends "Samelan" (Sikh youth camp) every year. Her answer: 'To connect with my spiritual side, to remember and thank God at every turn.' At first I was impressed, but it did not last long. Not more than 3 minutes later this same girl sees someone she recognises and she says, 'Ooooohhhh that girl, she stole something in Samelan. Look at her face...she looks retarded.' Wonderful isn't it...the way people are...

I am writing this based on my own experiences with the Punjabi community. I have no knowledge about other races, and therefore I cannot criticise. In a place of worship, during times of celebration, I see people lighting fireworks everywhere. I have no problems with enjoying the festive period with fireworks, but I do have problems with people who play with fireworks, make a mess, and don't bother to clean it up. Now, I visited the Petaling Jaya Gurdwara (Sikh place of worship) a few days after new years day and I saw a big mess of firework debris all over the sidewalk, but as I step into the gate of the Gurdwara, its spotless. How in the world does that happen? Are these so called "men of god" so blind that they cannot see outside the gate of their temple? Sikhism preaches service to others, service to the world, service to nature. But for some reason that constantly eludes me, emphasis is only placed on service INSIDE the Gurdwara. In all honesty...I hate putting labels on people, but for these people who sit in air-conditioned rooms all day to pray and don't lift a finger to help a person outside the perimeter of the temple walls, are NOT men of God.

For now thats all I can say. Too tired, I'll continue soon.

                                         To be continued.

1 comment:

  1. men of power,
    men of faith
    all they care about
    is keeping their place

    talk of words
    words that talk
    but you aint got action
    you talk cock

    ReplyDelete